The MPhil Agribusiness Management programme has been designed for students wishing to enhance their careers in research and consultancy. The programme will train future agribusiness professionals who will be able to contribute significantly to agribusiness and agro-industrial developments in developed, emerging and developing economies.
The MBA Agribusiness programme has been designed to train students to undertake managerial-level careers in food production, processing, agricultural output and input marketing, agricultural finance, supply chain, food and allied sectors.
The specific objectives of the programme are to train graduates to:
- Train the next generation of agripreneurs who will establish agribusinesses and create job opportunities in commodity value chains in Ghana, Africa and the world.
- Possess skills that meet the nation’s demand for high-level professional manpower in Agribusinesses.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and practical skills to up-scale agribusiness management, farmer based organizations, agribusiness supply chain management and improve marketing of processed agricultural commodities as well as creating jobs in agribusiness enterprises.
- Facilitate processes in small, medium and large-scale enterprises in the globally competitive agricultural based industry.
- Foster a more effective functioning and performance of input suppliers, producers, wholesalers, processors, exporters, retailers, financial institutions, tractor service operators, aggregators and all supporting institutions within food supply chains.